Sunday, 27 November 2011

Two die of poisonous food

From Daily News, Dar es Salaam
By DAVID AZARIA in Sengerema

TWO family members of Mwabaluhi ward in Sengerema district, Mwanza region have died and four others still recuperating at the designated district hospital.

They are suspected to have taken poisoned food.

The fatalities are Aisha John, 2, and Shida John, 10, who died on Saturday in the afternoon while receiving treatment at the hospital.

Grieved villagers assisted the family after learning that the entire family suffered from serious vomiting and diarrhoea.

Speaking in serious pain from the hospital bed, the mother of the deceased, Monika Mashauri, 25, said on Friday afternoon she prepared ugali with fish for lunch and consumed the same in the evening.

Read full story.

No comments: