Sunday 20 April 2008

Fish scarcity hits Kagera Region

From IPP Media, Dar es Salaam
By Darius Mukiza

Centenarian Anastazia Ibeganisa has always found delicacy in fish at her Nshamba home in Muleba but for the past 15 years she has not touched, let alone seen fish of any kind.

The Sangara (Nile perch) and Sato varieties my entire family so much liked to eat are no longer in existence. I do no know what has happened.

"Whenever I ask my grandsons to bring fish they always say nothing is available in the market," the old lady said recently.

She said because of the scarcity of fish people will not live to her age. "Without fish the young generation will not live to reach my age. This is because fish have no harm in humans."

Read more:
http://www.ippmedia.com/ipp/observer/2008/04/20/112778.html

No comments: