Friday 22 July 2011

When riots brought Rock City to its knees

From The Citizen Daily, Dar es Salaam
By MLAGIRI KOPOKA

Riots are slowly becoming common way of life in Rock City, something that I guess has lingered on from last year’s polls.The ruins of CCM Isamilo building on Makongoro Road tells how there is a Benghazi in the making in Bongo.

But let me start from where I left, you remember I told about how that ride home came to an abrupt end. Well, only the careless driver got injured.

The poor fellow was hit on his face by the wind screen as the daladala crashed into the back of the truck.

I found my initial anger towards the driver evaporating when I saw his swollen face.

I actually found myself saying ‘ pole,’ to the guy something that irritated me on a second thought, it must have been a slip of the tongue.

But all the same everyone getting off the bus was saying,

“Pole dereva,”

No comments: